Do you wish to display the computer’s screen on your television? You may connect it using an HDMI cable, but you will have to make sure that the PC, as well as the TV, are in close proximity with each other. Using Chromecast, you can see what’s going on in your Computer’s screen on your Television without any wired connection.
Google Chrome browser comes with an inbuilt feature that allows users to connect their Computer and TV wirelessly. This feature is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Chrome OS. All you need for mirroring the computer screen on your television with Chromecast is Google Chrome.
How to Cast from Google Chrome?
If you have recently bought a Chromecast device, then you have to download the Google Home application on your smartphone or tab. Install and run the application. After you have set up the app, follow the steps given below:
- In order to cast, you need to launch Google Chrome on your computer.
- Click on the hamburger button located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Or else right-click on the opened window.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Cast option.
- Now, the Cast dialog box will launch.
- If it is opening for the first time, users will have to click on “Enable casting to cloud-based services.”
- By enabling it, users will be able to mirror the content of their Chrome tabs directly to Google Hangouts, etc.
- After checking the box, click on the Ok, Got It button at the bottom right corner of the Welcome pop-up box.
- Now, in the Casting pop-up, just click on the tab beside Cast too.
- After that, simply choose what you wish to cast.
If you are casting from a website, then just hit the tiny drop-down button in order to select whether just to mirror the currently opened tab or the full desktop.
Steps for Casting a Browser tab
- In order to cast a tab, just click on the Cast tab option.
- After that, choose Chromecast.
- When the user fails to choose the source, the Chromecast automatically begins mirroring the tab.
- If the Chromecast is online, it will get auto-detected.
Steps for Casting the Desktop
- In order to cast the desktop, just choose the Cast desktop option.
- After that, select the Chromecast you wish to cast to.
- In the Share your screen – Chrome Media Router window, click on the Entire Screen box.
- Check the box next to Share audio if you wish to share audio as well.
- Now, click on the Share button located at the bottom.
- When you are done, just hit the Stop sharing button.